Monday 21 April 2008

After the mayhem...

As you all know, Alwin's dad's funeral was over yesterday. And I also did go and visit Jennifer's dad who's dying of terminal cancer in the hospital yesterday. So much emotions involved. I went to work this morning looking blurer than ever, getting a questioning look from Alvin then a question asking what did I do last night that I look so blur. I just didn't get enough sleep-la, friend.
So anyway, after completing much of the work that Jason gave me a few days ago (I stopped doing coz I needed to ask him something before I could continue, not because I curi tulang), I was just sitting there, surfing all my ex-schoolmates' blogs and MSN-ing. I must be typing really loudly coz at one point, Alvin actually came over to me and ask me for my MSN contact. Hehe. The conversation went something like that:
Alvin: Eh, give me your email la since you chatting.
Me: You give me yours la, I add you. Since my MSN is already on anyway.
Alvin: Got paper ar?
Me: *Just passes paper to him...*
Then he just wrote his contact and went his way. Really funny. Then we were talking non-stop on MSN even though we're just sitting opposite each other, albeit the partition between us. Well, typing sure does beat shouting across the stupid partition. Ish.
Oh, and did I mention after I finished the work that Jason gave me, I was sitting at my desk the whole day just surfing blogs? I was really, really free. But I was taking a risk too, I guess. My desk is like really opened and my computer's facing the aisle where everyone walks past. But thank God everyone left me well alone.
But the whole point of this post is not just about the mundane things that I do (or not do...) in the office. It is about achieving the purpose that God put me in this office. I know I didn't choose it for myself. I know God put me there. Even when I was looking for a place to do my industrial training, I prayed that God would put me somewhere that I could be a salt and light to Him. And I did.
On Sunday, God suddenly revealed to me what I was supposed to do in my workplace. I was supposed to minister to the Christians. The ones who have gone lukewarm or who's not ready to commit fully to God. I am to minister to those people. And I did today. God really did opened a way for me. I just remembered that I was praying last week that God will open a way for me to touch those people. And He did.
I had a good and long talk to one of my colleagues on MSN today. And at the end of the conversation just now, he just said that I really understand him. I believe I have made an impact. But all glory goes to God. He's the one who ordained this meeting. It is not by chance but by divine intervention that this conversation happened today. Praise You, Lord, for all that happened today.

No comments: