Tuesday 10 June 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today's my dad's birthday. Following our family tradition, birthdays call for a cake and a nice dinner somewhere. For the last 3 months, we've been going to The Ship for our family dinner. Dad decided that we should go somewhere else for a change. So off we went to Victoria Station.
Seeing that we've had so many bad experiences in Victoria Station before, I was a little apprehensive to have our dinner there. But the food turned out to be really good. It was very different from the previous times that we've been there. But then again, this is our first time eating at this branch. Ok, why am I ranting about the food when I should be talking about my dad?
Dad and mom posing at Victoria Station (notice Dad's mouth? XP)
Bro with his Chicken ala Kiev with Seafood
My dory fish...Or whatever's left of it
Ooo, it's birthday cake time!!!
It's the compare likeness contest...Don't I look like Dad?
How bout my bro and Dad?
Sis and Dad?
Nothing like a good family photo ending
*Ahem*

What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,

The majesty of a tree,

The warmth of a summer sun,

The calm of a quiet sea,

The generous soul of nature,

The comforting arm of night,

The wisdom of the ages,

The power of the eagle's flight,

The joy of a morning in spring,

The faith of a mustard seed,

The patience of eternity,

The depth of a family need,

Then God combined these qualities,

When there was nothing more to add,

He knew His masterpiece was complete,

And so,

He called it ... Dad

No comments: