Wednesday 18 June 2008

An eventful day...

Wow, what a day I had!! I started out in the morning by going to Shah Alam with Alwin and Wykit to submit some drawings to the Suruhanjaya Komunikasi & Multimedia. Just as I was about to pay at the Batu Tiga toll, I didn't balance my clutch properly and my engine just died. So I tried to restart it. But the moment I turn the key in the ignition and there were no sound whatsoever...Uh-oh! I knew that my car battery was dead!
For the record, it was my brother's car, not mine. XD. The lady at the toll had to open the barrier and let me through. My two good friends had to push my car out of the way and the nearest place they could push was to in between two toll booths. So we nicely placed the car there and opened the bonnet to check what was the cause of it not being able to start while people were just passing us by and wondering what has happened to us.
Then after looking at the car for awhile and calling AAM, we decided to just push the car to the side of the road (we were at the third booth from the side of the road). Then since we were at the side of the road already, and there was enough space for us to push start the car...I told them to try it. And it works. So we had to call AAM again and tell them not to come. Wonder why I know how to push start a car? Well, thanks to my negligence (of not switching off the headlights), my car battery also died on Saturday. Hehe. Now that is another story altogether.
Now that the car's started, we went hunting for a place to buy a new battery. After rounding for awhile we finally found a place. But the battery cost me RM250. Damn that's expensive. And thanks to Alwin asking whether I had enough cash to pay or not, I totally forgot that I have a credit card. Which should be used in situations like this. But anyway, after our stint of pushing the car and looking for a place to get the battery, we decided to just stop by a mamak for breakfast. And there we are.
Alwin playing with Wykit's curry after we finished eating
The result of mixing chutney and sambal
What happens when you play with your food!!
Oh, did I mention that we went for an exhibition after that in KLCC? That pretty much summed up my whole day. I snaked again! LOL!

1 comment: