Saturday 10 May 2008

Snake-ing around...

Wow...what an eventful day I had. As stated obviously in the title of this post, I've been snake-ing around during office hours. But to justify myself, I didn't do it on purpose. Rather, Alwin and I were sent out to the income tax office to hand in the company's checks. And as we were trying to get to Desa Sri Hartamas on the way back for lunch, we missed a turning and ended up on the Plus highway instead. Seeing that we're nearer to Ikano than to Hartamas, we decided to eat there instead. So eat we did. We actually went to Manhattan Fish Market for lunch. But it was at a reasonable price coz they had a set lunch.
Then, suddenly I received this message from my colleague which says, "Good afternoon Ms. Adelynn, would you be so kind to purchase some Cornetto ice cream for a few hungry people here? Maybe 3 or 4 cones will do...Thanks!" Hahaha, that was real funny. Apparently everyone knew that we bought ice creams for some of our colleagues yesterday and asked for some today. Fine. So we bought 4 cones. The people in this company just have this habit of eating Cornetto ice cream. And they're that choosy until they don't want to eat anything cheaper than that. Wow.
Then, after coming back from lunch, my brother messaged me on MSN saying that my car has arrived! Finally! And just in time for me to use it too. It is Yim Ling's birthday today and we promised her that we will go to the Eye of Malaysia to celebrate it. And we did. And I bravely drove down to KL with just some sort of map. And I didn't lose my way. Hooray! And did I mention that I was the one who got Alwin to the income tax office without getting lost? Haha.
But when we were coming out of KL we did get lost for a good half an hour. We got lost in Kg. Baru, passed by Jalan Tun Sambanthan and ended up on Federal Highway. And we managed to go through a Malay kampung and then an Indian area. How muhibah! We actually wanted to go to Petaling Street to eat, but we lost our way and ended up circling round KL. But when we were looking for an exit from KL, we found Petaling Street. But seeing that it is too much of a hassle to find parking space there, we decided to just go to plain old William's.
As usual it's full house leaving only a table near a cockroach's nest. Within 5 minutes of us sitting down, they all came crawling and flying out of the hole. Scarry!!! So we decided to move all the way to the very last table and fed the mosquitoes instead. Haha. And we ordered RM 75 worth of food and drinks. But it was well worth it coz it was good. And now I'm blogging coz I don't wanna sleep on a full stomach...ZZzzZZzzZZzz...

No comments: