Monday 7 April 2008

Calling all lack of attention GIRLS...!

LOL...Ok, I know the title of this post might be offensive to some...But I was just referring to my workplace...I started my industrial training today (and this is considered a subject and I'm supposed to register and PAY my uni for this "subject"...) and I'm working in a mechanical and electrical consulting firm...And being an engineering firm, there's only like 1 lady engineer working there...
Soooo, all the other engineers get all worked up and excited when they hear that there's a new trainee who's a female...Woou, all I did was say that I'm from Uniten and next thing I know, the whole office knows that I'm from Uniten...And, all the ex-Uniten students came and introduce themselves to me...My dear friend (whose a male by the way), was totally ignored even though he sat just right across from me...Talk about getting too much attention...
So girls, if you think that you're really lack of attention and think that you need some, then by all means, go and study engineering...Hahaha...Actually my day didn't start out all that dandy...In fact, the first thing I did today was to go to the police station to certify my report so that I can get an insurance claim...
And after all the rushing around, I "dengan bangganya" entered the office at 10.45 am...While I was rushing around a lot, Alwin was frantically messaging me asking when am I gonna come in...He was really, really bored...And so was I after I came in and finished reading the company profile...I actually sat there doing nothing until lunch time, then one of my colleagues actually came and ask me whether we wanna go for lunch with them or not...Note the "ME"...Sigh...I think it's really getting too much...
After lunch, Alwin and I just decided it's time we lose a little weight and decided to take the stairs up...Our office is like on the 8th floor...So we were panting by the time we reached...But it's kinda fun...And finally I had some work to do, a while after Alwin got his that is...So I was still left sitting there bored playing with my handphone while Alwin was happily doing some work already...
Oh, and a lady from the Admin department actually made this remark about the engineer who was teaching Alwin something..."Taulah, XXXX kenapa kat sini..." Hey, excuse me...A lady said that to him...And I'm in the picture too...That's a real sexist remark...Whatever happened to gender equality? Even the ladies are giving sexist remarks to people of their own gender...Well, this certainly will spice up my life for the next 3 months...

No comments: