Tuesday 14 July 2009

It Isn't Gonna Be Easy

When I was just waiting upon God the other day, He told me that doing my Masters degree is not going to be easy. But He will be there with me, to give me strength and the courage to go on. Yesterday what He said became all the more real when I went into my Research Methodology class. The lecturer was telling us that doing postgraduate studies, it is common that we get stuck while doing our researchs. He said that it is a test of your strength and character. I fully agree with him. But while he says that pushing us to the edge will make us depend on ourselves more and make us perform better, I beg to differ. Why, you ask? Because I have Christ Jesus. While others might struggle alone and learn how to depend on themselves more, I have God to depend on.
In times like those, I have full confidence that I can turn to Jesus and He'll be there for me. When the lecturer was describing what the process of doing Masters like, he said that it is the journey that is truly what you're after, it's the experience of doing the research that is the Masters, not some thesis at the end. You may write a really good thesis but you might not get anything out of the journey. I just felt like God was telling me He is going to break me and mold me again. Through this journey, He is going to build my character. And yes God, I trust that You will take me through it.

No comments: